I recently read a powerful quote in one of the forward messages that came in WhatsApp – “Your Present Circumstances Don’t Determine Where You Can Go. They Merely Determine Where You Start“.
In similar lines, was reading a very interesting post in one of my FB groups – It goes something like this:
“In Rocket launch terminology, there’s nothing called Escape Altitude but just Escape Velocity. It purely denotes the rate of acceleration that is need to overcome the G forces and launch the rocket high up in the space. When the Escape Velocity is taken care of, the rocket certainly exists the confines of the atmosphere and enters a limitless horizon.
Similarly, with life, your current position seldom decides your future. It’s all about how you keep accelerating in your sphere of work that determines the summits you touch!”
These are powerful reinforcements of how we can turn around things at any point of adversity and how continuous pursuit of improvement would work magic in our lives.
Here are some interesting short stories from Corporate world to reiterate further on the above logic:
Story # 1:
- Nokia refused Android
- Yahoo refused Google
- Take risks
- Embrace changes
- If you refuse to change with time, you might perish
Story # 2:
- Facebook takes over WhatsApp and Instagram
- Flipkart takes over Myntra and Flipkart owned Myntra takes over Jabong
- Become so powerful that your competitors become your allies
- Reach the top position and then eliminate the competition
- Keep innovating
Story # 3:
- Colonel sanders founded KFC at the age of 65
- Jack Ma, who couldn’t get job in KFC, founded Alibaba
- Age is just a number
- Only those who keep trying succeeds
Story # 4:
- Lamborghini was founded as result of revenge of a tractor owner who was insulted by Enzy Ferrari, the founder of Ferrari
- Never underestimate anyone, ever !!
- Success is the best revenge
Just keep working hard!!
Invest your time wisely!!
Do what pleases you!!
Don’t be afraid to fail!!!
Hope you felt inspired by these stories! Please comment or share and spread the inspiration.