Entrepreneurship is becoming a fancy term; largely due to misconstrued following of the word “PASSION”. Even more so in the case of large nos of millennials, who tend to attach a great deal of “coolness” to the word.
This misconstruction eventually feeds into the VC ecosystem, who think they’ve found the ultimate elixir, for deploying their funds into those passion driven start-up ventures; with a hope to justify the same over a very long period of time.
I recently met a VC friend who told me an alarming funda – typically a VC looks at his fund allocation as a 1:10 phenomenon, i.e., if he invests in 10 start-ups, he expects only 1 to succeed. And with that 1 hit, he envisages to re-coup the losses from other 9 and still returns value to the investors whom he is serving as a GP (General Partner)!
These trends of thought processes sort of creates a very shallow notion about Entrepreneurship, which is all about diligence and discipline and less to do with “Gambling”. If you want to Gamble, you better go to a Casino and not encroach into the pristine world of Entrepreneurship.
What is Entrepreneurship in true sense? Why should it be taken more seriously than it is today? Here are some collection of greatest Entrepreneurship quotes, that’ll defy current age of twisted logic!
And I hope you can see a common thread between them all!
- It’s all about execution, perseverance and just getting it done, now. – Unknown
- “The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It’s as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today. The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer.” – Nolan Bushnell
- “If you just work on stuff that you like and you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out.” – Mark Zuckerberg
- “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese proverb.
- “Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” Mark Twain
- “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein, physicist.
- “I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.” – Steve Jobs
- “You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.” Wayne Gretzky
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius.
- “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
- “Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.” – Biz Stone, co-founder of Twitter.
- “You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try.” Beverly Sills, opera singer.
- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Entrepreneurship is neither a science nor an art. It is a practice.” – Peter Drucker
- “I’m not afraid of dying, I’m afraid of not trying.” – Jay Z
I hope you liked this blog post, if so please leave your reply in the comment section, of what you think about these motivating quotes.